Thursday, September 15, 2011

Love Letter: Create-a-Character

This love letter is dedicated, not to  some character I like, but to a character I could like. That's right, I'm here to sing the praises of custom character making.

If you came from my Youtube, I don't need to tell you I love creating my own characters for games. But what you don't know is that I was at it since earlier than 2005.

My first real experience with custom characters was in WWF War Zone for the Nintendo 64. I actually did a short term trade with a friend for it, and I loved the custom character option. It was the only reason I rented Deadly Arts, though that was a massive disappointment.
It's not the size of the head on the dog, it's the size of the fight in the  tanktop of the dog.

By the time I  had a Dreamcast, I had decided the fearure was enough to justify a purchase, and bought WWF Attitude. I spent hours creating Characters from movies, comics, women that looked naked. It's silly, I can create a character on paper, but as much as I love Create a characters, I always end up creating characters from other stuff. I just sorta see the potential for them.
What?

Finally, in 2k5, I bought Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. I began creating vids of my Created characters and uploading them through university computers. I actually planned several original characters, but I dropped that. Never could get them.
Hey, we need new Valises eventually!

Sure, sometimes custom characters feel like they don't belong there. But It's all in good fun. I haven't done a good amount of custom character-ing in a while, but hopefully  eventually, the stars will align and I'll make some more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment